Project 365 2017 17

Project 365 week 1

So, I am attempting to complete Project 365 again this year, a photo a day for 365 days, I have started this 3 years running and by March I have totally lost the plot and got so far behind, I have given up, but this year I am determined, the children are growing so fast and Xene will probably head off to Uni in September so I would like to capture as many moments of our entire family and their time together as I can.

Day 1 Happy New Year.

dsc_0124-2

This was the best of the 20 we took, Tyrus is not keen on photos and it’s not easy getting 9 people to look at the same time, particularly when it took me so long to work out the timer on the camera! This was taken just after midnight, all of the children were still awake at 1am!

Day 2 Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

dsc_0134

Today I saw so many posts about people taking down their decorations and the tree, and I realised I actually have not taken any photos of our tree this year, and I am hanging on to it being up as long as possible, as it has been a fantastic tree this year, with hardly any of the needles dropping.

Day 3. Back To Reality!

dsc_0145

The best part of both Asa and I being self employed is that we can choose when we have time off, so we both ended as the children broke up from school and college, and today was Asa’s first meeting. I had also thought all children were back on Thursday, thankfully one of Lochi’s friends told him yesterday that they were back in college today! I checked the website and yes his first day back was Tuesday, luckily it is an 11.40am start so it wasn’t too hard!

Day 4. Testing out the Christmas Present!

dsc_0116-2

For Christmas Santa bought me a complete lighting set, with backdrops, so we decided to give them a go today, it was fairly easy to set up, but I do need to iron the backdrops! Here we have Eowyn and Kaide doing their favourite past-time dabbing!

Day 5. High School and Primary Back Today!

dsc_0141

Viggo had a bit of a lie in today, he managed to sleep through all of the back to school chaos, and looked quite lost when he came downstairs and only found Xene and I! Then he realised he could play with whatever he wanted and watch his programmes on the TV without interruption…

Day 6. Two Days was enough!

dsc_0093-2

Both days back at school Tyrus cried, I am hoping next week he will settle back in and not make mummy feel so dreadful for making him go to school, by Friday evening he was exhausted, but he still had enough energy to go on the wiiu with Viggo, the bond between these two is amazing, we have been asked a few times now if they are twins, they are both in the same age clothes but there is actually 2 years 3 months between them!

Day 7 All Paperwork completed!

dsc_0143-2

Xene made the decision six months ago to wait until September 2017 to go await to University, today we have completed her Uni application, it’s not quite so straight forward when you have already left college, but it’s all done, all she has to do now is wait for the interview dates!

You Might Also Like

17 Comments

• Fozia S says: January 7, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Aww bless hope Tyrus settles back next week….not easy when they cry is it? Your Christmas tree was lovely!
    Fozia S recently posted…Project 365 – January 1st to January 7thMy Profile

• Kim Carberry says: January 7, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Lovely photos! It looks like your family has a lot of fun!
    hehehe at yours dabbing. My two love to do that too x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…A photo everyday for a year! #Project365 – Week 1My Profile

• Elaine Livingstone says: January 7, 2017 at 9:19 pm

Love the whole family photo, good grief at sitting still enough for so many of them.
    Nice to get back into the school routine, and hope Tyrus settles down soon.

• Emma Gordon says: January 8, 2017 at 2:27 am

Oh your family photo is beautiful! Viggo looks so happy in his photo, the joy of being able to play with anything! Goodluck to Xene on her interview when they come through. I applied for uni after having complete college and remember it being challenging to do without support from college to help, it’s shame they don’t offer it for another year especially as so many encourage a year out for “life experience” Santa did good with your lighting setup 🙂
    Emma Gordon recently posted…Project 365 – Week 1My Profile

• Sarah MumofThree World says: January 8, 2017 at 8:14 am

Welcome back to 365! That’s an amazing family photo at the start.
    I had to laugh at you being asked if your boys were twins – I used to get the same with my boys and there’s 2 year and 4 months between them. My 15yo has had a massive growth spurt now, so they look completely different at the moment!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted…Silent Sunday 8.1.17My Profile

• Sara | mumturnedmom says: January 8, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Love the family photo! It’s so hard to get everyone together and looking in the right direction, isn’t it, and there’s only five of us! Sorting myself out some DIY backdrops is on my to-do list for January – lucky you getting a full set up 🙂 Happy New Year!
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…Reflections: Week 1My Profile

• The Princess and The Pickle says: January 8, 2017 at 2:35 pm

Lovely family photo – it’s always so difficult to get everyone to smile at the camera at the same time like that!
    The Princess and The Pickle recently posted…#MySundayPhoto 8th January 2017My Profile

• Fee - One of Each says: January 8, 2017 at 3:31 pm

what an absolutely great family photo. i am extremely impressed no one is blury. #project365

• Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One says: January 8, 2017 at 4:17 pm

Love the first shot of you all, and good luck with the Uni process. Going back to school always seems to exhaust them all so much doesn’t it. Lighting kit sounds fab, I’ve got a hodge podge system, but would love to have a proper one and the space to have it up! #365
    Mary @ Over 40 and a Mum to One recently posted…Up close and personal – My Sunday Photo 080117My Profile

• 76sunflowers says: January 8, 2017 at 8:22 pm

I was wondering if those two lovely boys were twins!! Your family look like an amazing bunch and I look forward to seeing them in Project 365 🙂

• Zoe L says: January 8, 2017 at 11:30 pm

Lovely photos, looks like you’ve had plenty of fun this week.

• Susan Mann says: January 9, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Aww bless what fab photos and so much fun. My kids are obsessed with the dab, so it’s nice to see it’s not just mine. Happy New Year. #Project365

• chickenruby says: January 10, 2017 at 9:18 am

love the family picture, the last one i have of all of us was in 2003, now we’re living in various places around the world it’s hard to all get together again

• Su Tyler says: January 12, 2017 at 1:28 pm

Welcome back! Hope you can get past the first few months.
    My youngest boy used to cry when being left at playgroup but he soon got used to it. It tears you apart though doesn’t it?
    Hope the Uni application goes well.

• Erica Price says: January 12, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Welcome back – hope you can stick with it this year. Lots of dabbing going on my my house too.
    Erica Price recently posted…First News ReviewMy Profile

• jenny paulin says: January 13, 2017 at 7:18 pm

happy new year!
    I am so impressed that all of your children managed to stay up until 1am! I hope they gave you a lie in the next morning! Good luck with your daughter’s uni application – seems a very long time ago that I had to do that. Oh wait, it was! LOL
    Your children look so happy and it will be nice seeing your photos as the year progresses x

• Jane - Our Little Escapades says: January 23, 2017 at 8:12 pm

I love your group photo. We wanted to do that but I totally forgot and it was probably the last time we would all be together for a while. My niece is going to uni interviews at the moment, even trying for places in America. Looks like you had a great first week x